California school districts may receive federal reimbursements when certain health services are provided to Medi-Cal eligible students. Administered by the California Department of Health Care Services, the LEA Medi-Cal Billing Option (LEA) program requires that these services be provided by qualified health care practitioners.
Some of these health care practitioners include:
• Licensed and credentialed speech pathologists
• Credentialed school nurses
• Licensed and credentialed psychologists
• Licensed physicians
• Credentialed school counselors
• Marriage family therapists, licensed clinical social workers
• Registered occupational therapists and licensed physical therapists
Claimable services include:
• Initial/annual/triennial/amended IEP/IFSP evaluations
• Treatments such as speech therapy, psychological counseling, nursing services, specialized healthcare services, audiological therapy
• Targeted Case Management
Since its inception, school district participation in the LEA program has increased dramatically. In 2008-09, California districts received over $103,904,000 in reimbursements.
For complete information regarding the LEA Medi-Cal Billing Option click on the link below: